Run a UDOIT scan in Canvas
Add UDOIT to a Canvas course
The Universal Design Online Content Inspection Tool (UDOIT) is an accessibility auditing tool for Canvas. If UDOIT is not in the course navigation menu, you can add it by completing the following steps:
- Select from the course navigation sidebar in your Canvas course.
- Click the tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the link from the list provided, and click the three vertical lines to the right of the link.
- Click the button.
- Save. UDOIT is now enabled in your Canvas course.
Run a UDOIT scan
To scan a Canvas course for accessibility:
- Open the course you would like to scan.
- In the navigation menu on the left, select .
- If this is your first time using UDOIT, you will be prompted to authorize the application. Click .
- Under "Select Content", you can choose to have , or select individual items. Selecting only one or two content types at a time will shorten the scan time.
- Click . The scan can take several moments. Scan time will depend on the size of your course.
- After the scan is completed, you'll see a report of errors and suggestions.
- If you want to save a copy of the report, click .
If you have questions, comments, or problems while using UDOIT, contact the UITS Assistive Technology and Accessibility Center at
email@example.com or 812-856-4112.