Queries enable you to retrieve, analyze and manipulate data. This workshop is intended for those participants who are interested in creating and modifying queries on related tables. Various types of queries will be introduced. This module also covers advanced query functions such as aggregate totals and calculated expressions.
What You Should Already Know
You should have already attended Access 2016: The Basics or have the equivalent skills. Specifically, you should be able to:
- create simple tables
- create and edit data in tables
- create simple queries
What You Will Learn
This module introduces principles of database relationships and provides hands-on practice on how to:
- create one-to-many relationships
- enforce referential integrity rules
- build relational queries
- explore different join types
- export a query to Microsoft Excel
- create and use a relational form
What You Will Need to Use These Materials
To complete this module successfully, you will be provided with:
- the use of Microsoft Access 2016
- the exercise files, which will be in the upper right corner of the page if they are required
If you have computer-related questions not answered in these materials, you may look for the answers in the UITS Knowledge Base, located at:
Want to Learn More?
IT Training offers many training options for extending your skills beyond this workshop:
- Self-study training: You may access computer-based training from leading commercial vendors, obtain the materials for other IT Training workshops, or access IT Training's own tutorials on a range of topics at:
- IT Training Tips weblog: Our award-winning blog has short tutorials and training posts on a broad range of topics and technologies. It's written by training and support providers from across the entire IU system; you may read and comment on these at:
Let's get started! Click the Next button in the bottom right of the screen.