Step 11: Configure the default boot operating system
You have the option to boot to either Windows or macOS when starting your Mac. You can also select one operating system for the computer to start by default.
- To shut down your Mac while you're in Windows, from the menu, click the button, and then click .
- To boot into macOS, with the power off, press and hold the
Optionkey and power on your Mac.
- Hold the
Optionkey until you see two hard disk icons and a Wi-Fi network selector. Boot into macOS by clicking (you'll select the default boot operating system momentarily).
- From the Startup Disk control panel, click the menu. Click , and then .
- To unlock the settings, click the Lock icon, and then type your administrator passphrase.
- To select the default boot operating system, click the disk that correlates to the operating system you would like to select. For macOS, choose ; for Windows, choose . If you would like to boot into the selected operating system now, click .