In this workshop, you will learn how to get the most out of PivotTables to make your work tasks easier and more efficient. PivotTables will help you analyze your data, view patterns and trends, and make better decisions based upon your data. We will begin creating a simple PivotTable and then proceed to using more advanced techniques throughout the workshop.
What You Should Already Know
You should have taken Excel 2016: The Basics or have the equivalent skills. Specifically, you should already know how to:
- navigate an Excel spreadsheet
- create basic formulas
- sort and filter data
- work with tables
- manage named data ranges
What You Will Learn
This module will provide you with hands-on practice on how to:
- create, modify, and format pivot tables
- use summary functions and customized calculations
- group numbers and dates
- create filters and slicers
- search a pivot table field list
- link and update pivot tables
- create pivot charts
What You Will Need to Use These Materials
To complete this workshop successfully, you will need:
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- the exercise files, which will be in the upper right corner of the page if they are required
If you have computer-related questions not answered in these materials, you may look for the answers in the UITS Knowledge Base.
Want to Learn More?
IT Training offers many training options for extending your skills beyond this workshop:
- Self-study training: You may access computer-based training from leading commercial vendors, obtain the materials for other IT Training workshops, or access IT Training's own tutorials on a range of topics.
- IT Training Tips weblog: Our award-winning blog has short tutorials and training posts on a broad range of topics and technologies that you may read and comment on. It's written by training and support providers from across the entire IU system.