By removing duplicate entries and filtering the data, you have created a list of payees, or companies paid by the fictional small business. While this was the original goal, this list would make a lot more sense if it was in alphabetical order. Excel's sort feature can easily remedy this problem.
- Select a cell within the data.
- To open the Sort dialog box, in the Sort & Filter group,
- To sort by Payee, in the Sort by field,
Click, Click Payee, Click
The payees are now listed in alphabetical order. As changes (filtering and sorting) have been made to this data, the alternating colors of the rows has become jumbled. This can be fixed by changing or removing the style.
- To select the data,
Press & Drag cells A1:B25
- To move to the Home tab, on the Ribbon,
Click the Home tab
- To see the available styles, in the Styles group,
- To choose a new style,
Click one of the Themed Cell Styles
The data is now consistently formatted.
- To deselect the data,
Click any cell
- To return to the Financial_Report worksheet
Click the Financial_Report tab
- Save the workbook.