If you look at the Project panel, you can see that we have two additional compositions that we haven't looked at yet. These will go between other animations.
However, currently, they are somewhat bland. In this section, we'd like to add effects and animation presets to the text animations, to make them more interesting.
We will be looking at the following items in the Project panel:
- A Hero Will Pack
- And Get Moving
In each of these, there is some animation done on the first line. We would like to add animation and/or effects to the non-animated portion.
Some things to consider while working:
- One second is a very long time in animations. Your transition should probably not cover more than one second, unless you prefer a long, slow fade in.
- Remember that if an effect you like transitions out, you can reverse the keyframes to transition in.
- The "And Get Moving" animation is only 3 seconds long, and the video that we add will appear suddenly with a sharp noise, so keep that in mind while choosing a transition.
- Preview the animation to see how your effects and presets change it, and remember to type the u key on the keyboard to see additional keyframes.
- Some animation presets will add keyframes outside of the timeline; if this happens, use Control key z to undo the animation, and move your playhead to earlier in the timeline.
Complete the following steps for each of the listed compositions.
Step 1. To activate the composition,
Double-Click the composition
Step 2. Select the non-animated text.
Step 3. Set the playhead on the timeline.
Step 4. Add animations or effects as desired.
Step 5. Alter the keyframes as necessary to achieve the final effect.
Step 6. Save the file.
Step 7. Return to Premiere to see the changes.